June 2, 2020:
New Collective Agreement! Click below to view or download:
May 5, 2020:
A tentative agreement has been reached for employees of Evergreen Forestry Limited Partnership in Deh Gáh Got'ie First Nation (Fort Providence) and K’atl’odeeche First Nation (Hay River Reserve).
The agreement, if ratified by the membership, will by January, 2023, bring wages of Crew Leaders, Crew Members, and Tower Lookout Persons close to parity with firefighters employed by the Government of the Northwest Territories who do comparable work.
“We are very pleased that we were able to work with Evergreen Forestry to reach this deal, which will result in the firefighters at Evergreen getting the pay they deserve for the difficult, dangerous and critical work they do,” said Todd Parsons, President of the Union of Northern Workers.
Pay increases provided for in the Collective Agreement are as follows:
- Retroactive to January 1, 2019: 3.5%
- Retroactive to January 1, 2020: 3.5%
- Effective January 1, 2021:
- market adjustment adding $1 per hour to the pay of Crew Leaders
- extension of all pay grids to eight steps from the current five steps.
- 4.5% increase plus any wage increase negotiated between the PSAC and
- Effective January 1, 2022: increase of 5% plus any wage increase negotiated by
the PSAC and the GNWT.
- Effective January 1, 2023: increase of 5% plus any wage increase negotiated by
the PSAC and the GNWT
There are many other improvements in the tentative agreement. Details are provided in
the ratification kits that Evergreen members will receive shortly.
Ratification votes will be held in both communities as soon as possible. If ratified by the membership, the new Collective Agreement will have an expiry of December 31, 2023.