All employees in workplaces covered by UNW collective agreements pay union dues. But only those who have applied for union membership are full members.
- Have input into contract negotiations
- Vote on motions, bargaining and strike votes
- Attend Union meetings or training courses
- Receive UNW price discounts on goods and services
- Become a union officer on the local, regional or UNW executive
If you do not sign a membership application card, you remain a "Rand Deductee." Rand deductees must pay union dues but do not enjoy the full benefits of membership. Rand deductees can get assistance from the UNW for work related grievances, but are not entitled hold union office or attend Local meetings.
Click for a copy of the UNW/PSAC Membership Application and Self Identification Form (PDF):
Your application form can be printed, then mailed, emailed or faxed to the Union.
The mailing address:
Suite 400 - 4310 53rd Street
Yellowknife, NT X1A 1V2