UNW 18th Triennial Convention: 2021
The UNW 18th Triennial Convention was originally scheduled for October 2020, but had to be rescheduled due to pandemic restrictions.
Please visit the 2020 Convention page for information from 2020.
A decision will be made later in 2021 on whether the Convention will be in person or virtual.
On this page:
- Convention Call Out
- Important Dates and Deadlines
- Delegates to Convention
- Observers to Convention
- Regional Vice President Elections
- Important Documents and Forms
Convention Call Out
Friday, January 15, 2021:
The Convention Call out for the re-scheduled UNW 18th Triennial Convention has been sent to all UNW Local Presidents.
Important information on the election of delegates, delegate entitlement, and resolution deadlines is included in the Call Letter:
Important Dates and Deadlines
Deadline for Local Alternate elections - April 15th
Deadline for Locals to submit Resolutions – June 15, 2021
- Note: Resolutions will only be accepted from Locals, not from individual members
Deadline for Locals to submit names of Local-funded Observer - July 15th
Delegates to Convention
Delegate elections completed by Locals in 2020 will stand and do not need to be redone.
If you were elected as a delegate and are no longer able or eligible to attend, please contact your Local President ASAP to ensure that an alternate can take your seat.
Observers to Convention
Fully Funded Observers
Fully funded observers are those who the Local has agreed to pay for their expenses to attend the Convention (i.e. travel, accommodations, lost wages, Convention fee, etc.)
If Locals wish to send fully funded observes to convention:
- members must be elected at a general membership meeting
- names (with meeting minutes and/or written confirmation from the Local President) must be provided to the UNW Director of Finance & Administration no later than July 15.
Any signed UNW member in good standing is entitled to attend the UNW Convention as a regular observer, dependent on venue capacity.
If you wish to attend as a self-funded observer:
- You are responsible for your own expenses (i.e. travel, accommodations, lost wages, Convention fee, etc.)
- If you wish to receive Convention matierals, you must register with the UNW Director of Finance & Administration and pay the your convention fees no later than July 15.
- If you have NOT pre-registered, we cannot guarantee you entry to the Convention
Only Locals can submit resolutions to Convention. Deadline is June 15th.
All resolutions must be individually moved/seconded, fully debated, and passed at a Local General Membership meeting with appropriate advertising notice.
Regional Vice President elections
RVP elections concluded April 2020.
Candidates elected from this election will continue their term until 2023 Convention. The following RVP positions are vacant, will be up for election, and successful candidates will fill the position immediately, with their terms ending at 2023 Convention:
- RVP Kimberlite
- RVP Hay River
- RVP North Great Slave
Important Documents and Forms
- 2021 Convention Resolutions Form (pdf)
- 2021 Alternate Credentials Form (pdf)
- 2021 Observers Credentials Form (pdf)
- Release of Personal Information Consent Form (for Delegates and Alternates)
See section on deadlines above.