The Union of Northern Workers has negotiated partnerships with vendors and suppliers, providing members with major discounts on goods and services.
To claim discounts, members must provide proof of UNW membership, such as your signed membership card, PRIOR to your purchase.
Only full UNW members are eligible for thge following deals and discounts.
Northern Fancy Meats
- discount does NOT apply to sale items and butchering services
Borealis Kennels and Pet Supplies
Get a 10% discount on pet supplies such as bowls and leashes, and on toys and treats.
- discount does NOT apply to boarding, grooming or food.
*** NOTICE OF RATE INCREASE: The following rate increase will come into effect for new members on April 1st, 2021 and for existing members on your June 2021 payment:
- The rate for a full membership will increase from $88.00 (+GST) to $99.00 (+GST) per month for a 3 month term (includes all classes and squash).
Rates until April 1, 2021:
- $88.00 (+GST) for full membership - paid monthly, with minimum three month contract
Rates as of April 1, 2021:
- $99.00 (+GST) for full membership - paid monthly, with minimum three month contract
- $88.00 (+GST) for weight room only membership (does not include fitness classes and squash) - paid monthly, with minimum three month contract
Must present union card or provide union card number prior to purchase
Matonabee Petroleum is pleased to partner with the UNW and offer the following fuel program to all its members:
a fixed 6 cent discount off posted delivered furnace oil
cardlock wholesale pricing locally and across Canada at Petro-Canada Super Pass locations for both gasoline and diesel
For more information please see the following document
Mark's Work Wearhouse
UNW members receive a 10% discount on the following items: Carthartt Merchandise, Dakota Industrial Workwear, DH Wovens, T-shirts, Polos and Cotton Twill Pants; WR Jackets; Jeans; Rainwear; Work Gloves and Socks; Winter and Safety Accessories; Casual and CSA Approved Footwear.
- Where an item is sale priced, the lower price will apply.
- Call the UNW office to get your Mark's Work Wearhouse discount card.
- To receive your discount, you must present your Mark's Work Wearhouse discount card at time of purchase.
Jack Pine Paddle
10% discount on purchases and services upon presentation of the Union card.
Aurora Dodge is a no-commission dealership, so sales associates are dedicated to matching you with the best vehicle for your needs. They carry Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram and Arctic Cat vehicles as well as a great selection of used vehicles. For more information visit Aurora Dodge
- UNW members will receive a fixed rate of $1000 over cost for the purchase of a new or used vehicle at Aurora Dodge Yellowknife.
- Upon purchase of a new or used vehicle, UNW members will receive a Go Auto card. This card entitles you to a 10% discount on all purchases in parts, labour, and service, as well 5% of all purchases will be placed back to the card in the form of in-store credit.
- Go Auto card holders can also receive a credit of $500 for customer referrals.
- Present your UNW union card at the time of purchase.
Established in 1989, Union Savings was founded on a simple principle; leveraging our collective strength as Canadian union members to deliver high quality, low cost benefits to union members and their families across Canada. To further reflect the values of the labour movement that we all share, Union Savings operates as Canada’s only not-for-profit, union run, members’ benefit program.
Union Savings has more than 140 participating unions representing national, provincial and local unions ranging from large private and public sector unions to regional unions and small associations. With almost two million individual members, Union Savings leverages its strength in numbers to negotiate savings and discounts, exclusive to Canadian union members and their families.
As a component of PSAC, UNW members are eligible to register for these benefits. Visit unionsavings.ca to learn more or to register.
Coast Hotel Room Discounts
Coast Hotels and Resorts offers discounted room rates for UNW members. See the Coast Hotels website for details and room rates.
Coughlin and Associates Group Life Insurance
The Public Service Alliance of Canada has developed a voluntary life insurance program developed especially for PSAC members. PSAC Enhanced Coverage is offered in partnership with Coughlin & Associates Ltd., Manulife Financial and Great-West Life. Designed to supplement the insurance coverage you may have through work or other sources, PSAC Enhanced Coverage can provide you and your spouse with maximum insurance coverage at rates competitive with those offered by bank mortgage and credit card insurance programs. See the PSAC website for details.
Home and Auto Insurance
PSAC-partnered group insurance provides preferred rates for home and auto insurance. The program offers professional claims handling, free access to legal, home and health information with expert consultation and advice for your unique coverage requirements. Vist the AGR website or call for a quote and find out how PSAC home and auto insurance coverage can be customized to meet your specific needs. 1-877-880-5029